As a technology-based financial solutions provider, our organization offers innovative lending and insurance services to the agricultural industry. We create a competitive advantage by combining a state-of-the-art lending platform with a consultative approach.
The Controller is responsible for performing many of the day to day accounting functions of the Company. Reporting to the CFO, the Controller is responsible for preparing various reconciliations leading to financial reporting.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Timely and accurate completion of financial statements monthly.
- Communicate with officers and satellite location managers concerning financial statements providing appropriate detail for further review.
- Review current internal controls at both satellite and corporate level and implement approved procedures to correct any deficiencies.
- Coordinate and effectively run the annual financial statement audit with external auditors.
- Observe and reconcile variances at satellite locations. Assure that proper procedures are followed, and the cutoff information is accurate.
- Assure that all tax payments are made to the proper taxing authority on a timely basis.
- Review and maintain the fixed assets ledger and perform reconciliations of asset account balances. Dispose of any assets that are idle or no longer in use.
- Coordinate the cash management activities with the CFO and our principal banks.
- Assist the CFO with frequent reporting requirements for our securitized bank credit lines.
- Reconcile subsidiary ledgers to trial balance monthly. Investigate differences and make corrections where necessary.
- Coordinate preparation of annual operating and capital budget. Analyze variances between the Actual vs. Budget amounts monthly.
- Perform the A/P and A/R processes.
- Detailed understanding of the credit management process and particularly the monthly ALL computations.
Experience, Qualifications, and Requirements:
- 7-10 years Finance/Accounting experience; CPA required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Background in banking a plus
This excellent opportunity includes:
- Competitive Compensation & Benefits Package
- 401(K) with Employer Match and Vesting
- Optional participation in a Phantom Stock Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)