Ag Resource Management is a technology-based financial solutions provider, offering innovative lending products and services to the agricultural industry. ARM’s commitment to agriculture and its unique underwriting approach are unsurpassed in the industry. Our production lending and crop insurance services have helped thousands of farmers with millions of acres over the past several years.
FP&A is responsible for providing senior management with a forecast of the company’s profit and loss, as well as operating performance for the upcoming quarter and year. Reporting to the CFO, FP&A also enables management to communicate with external stakeholders and inform management on progress and effectiveness of the company’s strategic plans and investments.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively prepare and analyze financial data.
- Manages the development, testing, and deployment of models for the forecasting consolidated financial results for ARM.
- Utilizes statistical techniques to develop and maintain models that project financial performance.
- Manages a centralized platform for the storing and dissemination of key forecast assumptions utilized by the FP&A department and shared for forecasting purposed among other ARM departments.
- Researches and obtains information on current trends and developments within the company, economy, and financial markets to inform the forecasts.
- Executes on financial process improvements by building and maintaining financial tools to perform analysis and modeling.
- Communicates and coordinates with other key members in the Accounting and Capital Markets areas regarding model development and results.
- Work collaboratively across the business to support key operational and strategic initiatives and develop operational processes.
- Play a key role in potential inorganic or capital raise activities.
- Analysis of actual results to modeled performance to provide variance commentary and inform future enhancement of the model.
- Ability to transition FP&A functions to NetSuite or equivalent.
Experience, Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or equivalent required/MBA Preferred.
- 10+ years Finance/Accounting experience; State licensed CPA preferred.
- Ability to understand sophisticated mathematical models and concepts as well as complex funding structures and covenants.
- Strong understanding of financial statements and statistics.
- Ability to interpret accounting results with respect to key business activities.
- Ability to articulate model methodologies and results in presentation.
- Experience with financial statements and financial statement analysis.
- Familiarity with NetSuite or large ERPs preferred.
- Experience within specialty finance and lending preferred.
- Agricultural background preferred.
- Passion for a culture which rewards high performance, results orientation, accountability and strong collaborative teamwork.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; solid relationship-building and listening skills.
- Flexibility and openness to new ideas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand, simplify and clearly articulate complex issues.
- Ability to establish credibility externally.
- Ability to efficiently manage outside consultants.
- Ability to respect consensus but make independent decisions.
- Proven ability to lead and manage multiple new and ongoing projects and initiatives.
This excellent opportunity includes:
- Competitive Compensation & Benefits Package
- 401(K) with Employer Match and Vesting
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Accounting/Finance: 10 years (Required)
- CPA (Required)
- One location