Ag Resource Management recently named Rasool Alizadeh as CFO & President of Capital Markets.
As CFO & President of Capital Markets, Alizadeh is focused on strategic funding and liquidity needs at ARM. Rasool joined from Ygrene Energy Fund Inc. where he served as Head of Capital Markets and Treasury focused on PACE financing. Rasool was also at SMBC Nikko Securities America, Inc. in the Structured Finance Group and was the head banker responsible for the term Asset Backed Securities (“ABS”) initiative focusing on new issue origination in autos, credit cards, student loans, and esoteric ABS including transportation (i.e. rail, aircraft, shipping, barge, etc.) as well as off-the-run specialty finance and CLO opportunities.
With 15 years structured finance experience, Rasool spent time with Standard & Poor’s (“S&P”), as a primary analyst in the ABS rating services group focused on esoteric mortgage related securitization and in the Residential Mortgage Backed Securities (“RMBS”) group focused on mortgage related new issue products. He also spent time at RBC Capital Markets (“RBC”) where he was an originator for both warehouse and balance sheet lending relationships as well as an original team member for the term ABS build-out. He has handled restructuring, investor relations, deal structuring and execution, rating agency processes, and portfolio management.
- Rasool provides and facilitates debt/equity funding and liquidity needs to specialty finance platforms. He provides financial forecasting and asset management for a newly established business and/or industry
- He is a global banking and securitization professional with proven experience in lending, securitization, ratings, and debt/equity financing (syndicated loans/credit/working capital facilities)
- Expertise includes identifying and analyzing credit risk, detailed due diligence, and deal execution within multiple asset classes
- Rasool is a strong communicator with proven ability to creatively generate revenue through identification, coordination and marketing of products
- He holds an M.B.A. from Columbia Business School, a B.S. in Business Administration from University of Denver, and B.A. in Economics from St. Lawrence University
- Rasool spent 3 years playing professional soccer